
I made oxtail with potatoes yesterday oh and of course a pot of rice for my husband.
I mention before about my pressure cooker pot if you don't have one I strongly recommend you getting one Insha Allah they are so convenient masha Allah.

~~Ingredient~~
Depending on your family size
2-3 lbs of oxtail
2-3 lg onion chopped
1/2 cup of oil(I use veggie)
1-2 habanero peppers(depending on your tolerance) chopped
5-6 medium potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
3-4 halal maggie
3-4 cups of water
1 lg pot or Pressure Cooker
**Optional** pot of Rice
~~Preparation~~
First saute onions and peppers in the 1/2 cup of oil, then add the oxtail and saute it also with the onions and peppers. Add the maggie and the water and let it all cook for 20-30 after the pressure pot start making that pressure sound. Again once the pot starts making the pressure sound cook it for like 20-30 min. I say 20-30 min because it depends on the amount of water and the actual size of the pot Insha Allah . After the 30 min turn the pot off and let it calm down DON'T OPEN IT RIGHT AWAY IT WILL EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE SO BE VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL INSHA ALLAH. Once the pot is calm open it check the water level and taste meat to see if it's done enough for you. I like my meat very tender to wear it's falling off the bone so at this point I would add a little bit more water let it cook another 15min after the pressure sound. Then after that additional 15 min I let it calm down and then I open it and add the potatoes there should be enough water in the pot at this point to let the potatoes cook until their soft. not mashed you want then to be in chunks but done. Ok so you've added the potatoes now close the pressure pot back and turn it on
let it start boiling not the pressure sound once it starts boiling cut it off and let it stay closed for about 10 min and insha Allah your potatoes should be done and that's it.~~~Enjoy~~~
~~~Brought to you from UmmAslam's Kitchen~~~
5 comments:
As Salaamu Alaikuum Sista.....
Now you know darn well that ain't your "end result"....you forget, I know how you cook....lolololol.
Just kidding......MASHALLAH, that looks soo good girlie.....I need to pay you a visit one of these days so you could cook for me again.....remember the old days, aaaawwww, I miss them.
Holla,
Naimah
that looks soo good. now thats wuh im talkin about, oxtails!!
u cook from scratch every nite for ur family?
yes alhumdulilah just about everynight, there are like one or two nigths a weeks I don't cook.
As salaamu 'alaikum ukhtee. The ox tails look scrumptious. I haven't had any since we left Toronto Ca. back in 2004. I will follow your recipe In Shaa Allaah...I just need to find some ox tails here in Saudi. If I can't find any, I'll just substitute it with camel meat (yum).
Shukran for reading but y'all know I've moved to here
http://lifeofummaslam.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment