
~~ALACOH COOKING~~

~~ALACOH COOKED~~

~~BEANS COOKING BUT STILL TOO WATERY~~

~~SLICED ONIONS COOKING~~

Another West African Dish *~Black Eye Peas with Alacoh*~(Plantain)
I usually make this during Ramadan masha Allah and sometime my husband will ask me to make it on the weekend.
~*Ingredients*~
1 bag of black eye peas
1 or 2 habanero peppers
4 medium onions*** 2 chopped and 2 cut into thin slices
3 halal maggie
***optional*** smoked turkey sometime I will add if I happen to have it
6 or 7 ripe plantains
3 cups of oil
******************************************************************************
First in a medium size pot I saute the 2 chopped onions 3 tbls of oil ,maggi,after that I add 2 cups of water ok this part is a little different when I put the peppers in I don't slice them at all I carefully cut just the stem off and let it boil in the water whole so when you serve the beans you can take one out of the pot and they can squeeze the hot pepper juice onto their beans as they like insha Allah **(this way it's not too hot for everyone else)** then I add the smoked turkey if I have it and let it come to a boil if not this is when I add the beans and let it all cook until beans are soft so I might have to add another cup of water as it's cooking then I cook it until all the water is cooked out.
*****************************************************************************
Ok in a skillet I take the 2 sliced onions and saute them in oil until they are soft and not watery as shown in pic above so let it cook till dry then just let them rest for a min. Now in a medium size pot I add enough oil to fry the plantains in I cut them up into slices and fry til golden brown take them out of the oil and let them rest on some paper towel.
******************************************************************************
~~~~~~Serving~~~~~
In a plate I put a big spoon full of beans in the middle of the plate and top it with the sliver onions and one pepper on the side then around the beans I put the plantains with bread and that's it .BLACK EYE PEAS AND ALACOH.
3 comments:
Sounds Yummy! This would make a great vegetarian meal minus the turkey I will try this for sure thanks Kate&Jeff
Sorry and minus the maggi too, I read your other post peanutbutter sauce, and I see you use chicken magii so minus that too sorry . I will still try it with vegetable stock.Thanks again Kate&Jeff
Thank you for the comments and when you make it come back and let me know how you liked it. UmmAslam
Post a Comment