Wednesday, May 7, 2008

what NOT!!! to wear when it's Windy outside




I went out with two of my companions this past Saturday Masha Allah, everything was going well alhumdulilah. Until I got out of the car and started walking to the stores.
Wait I have to start from the beginning Insha Allah this past Saturday my lil mommah went with her Abi alhumdulilah and my son wanted to stay home masha Allah, I usually take them with me every where I go masha Allah and the Uktis that know me know I take my kids with me everywhere alhumdulilah. So with one away with Abi and the other wanted to stay home I was child free this past Saturday, so I guess the thought and excitement of that over took me while getting dress lol. Our Plans were we would leave after lil mommah was picked up insha Allah, so while waiting,,, of course I am not dress yet, well not dressed to go outside at least, I was just lounging around in some white jogging pants that were lol obvious too small for me they wasn't tight just way too short highwaters with a flare,,, too small,, but what the heck i'm in the house I mean who's gonna see me emmm emmm emmm lol. Anyways my companions call me and we decide ok we are going now so I will pick up one Ukti and we all meet at the others house, So im like ok, I hurry up and get my over head abaya throw it on khimar and niqab and head out the door oops I forgot I put on some long black socks too ok so i'm out WITH THE QUICKNESS and child free. It was a little windy but not windy enough to remind me that I have on HIGHWATER WHITE JOGGING PANTS WITH LONG BLACK SOCKS WINDY. So I paid it no mind , So I pick my one companion up and we head to our other companions house at this point I'm still not noticing the wind, so now were all together ready to go, I'm still gitty over not having the kids so I'm ready to go shopping. We had to park a little ways from the stores we were going to,so we get out and start walking and like all of a sudden this BIG GOOSH of wind hit me and my abaya clung too me and not only did it cling but it raised a little bit at the bottom and exposed my HIGHWATER WHITE JOGGING PANTS WITH LONG BLACK SOCKS LOL Oh My Goodness. I say to my one companion walk in front of me until the wind dies down here she goes lol OH JIMINY CRIKET WHO TOLD YOU TO COME OUT OF THE HOUSE WITH THEM ON anyways LOLLLLLLLLLLLL so were all laughing and I'm telling her to be quiet and keep walking so nobody looks, Now I'm trying to keep my abaya down and walking oh so funny. We go into one store my companion says roll them up so you can't see them any more lol that made it worse lol , we leave that store and here comes the wind again now you see my HIGHWATER WHITE JOGGING PANTS ROLLED UP WITH LONG BLACK SOCKS ON Oh BOY. Once the wind made my abaya go up that time I stopped in place and unrolled my pants lol with my feet underneath my abaya. keep in mind I have on a over head abaya so alhumdulilah we go into this islamic store that sales overgarment, I'm looking around for a changing room I find it and asked one of my companions to come in with me, soon as I got in their I hurried up took my niqab off khimar off and pulled my overhead abaya off my head lol to my shoulder put my khimar back on and niqab came out with a sigh of relief my goodness so funny What a day. Masha Allah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

as salaamu alaiki,
mashallah,
When I remember your expression every time the wind blew.I crack up.I deliberately tried not to look in your face as we walked down the streets.When I seen you purposely walking behind our companion. You looked like "Simon says".You were so funny!
Love ya

Love your recipe pg. I'm going to try the onion sauce

Mema's Own said...

THAT IS ALLLLL YOU SAMIRA....lololol, I could see you now, lololol.



Naimah Rasheed (Mema's Own).

~UmmAslam~ said...

Yeah Naimah you know me. Wait Umi are you laughing,,,,,,, ok next post will be about eyes watering hint hint lol you know what I mean. Just kidding shukran for reading and leaving comments

Anonymous said...

Walaikum Salaam waRahmatuallahi wa Barakaatu:

InshaAllah this reaches you in the best of health and highest of eeman...Ameen


LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL.. Girl you are F-U-N-N-Y!!!!! All I could think about was you asking us to walk in front of you.. MashaAllah we still had a fun day and can not wait to hang out with yall again...

Anonymous said...

As salaamu 'alaikum. Funny stuff dear ukhtee. Something similar happened to me once, except I had RUNS in my stockings!

Baarakallaahu feeki, I want to keep reading your blog (it's interesting Tabaarakallaah) but, I have to go and get some tomatoes for my spaghetti In Shaa Allaah.

Haneefah